ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter 1.4 (Freeware)
Simple to use bandwidth monitoring software to track Internet bandwidth usage. It remains in tray and displays the bandwidth usage in current session, day and month. This will be helpful for those with limited bandwidth broadband/adsl connection.
- Option to make meter always visible.
- Transparency of meter can be adjusted.
- Option to exclude bandwidth during certain period of day (for those having free usage periods).
Last updated : 14 Apr 2013 (Version history)
Cnet.com review of this software (Also explains which network interface to choose in settings) : http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/how-to-track-your-broadband-data-usage-on-pc-or-mac-50006192/
you can also download from Cnet Download.com
If you find this useful, please consider making a donation.
- Changes in version 1.4
- Fixed bug causing runtime error in some Window 7 and Windows 8 installation
- Option to display counter in GB (previously only KB or MB)
- Option to reset "Now" Counter in Tray menu
- Changes in version 1.3.1
- Fixed bug not displaying monthly usage for previous years months
- Changes in version 1.3
- Added Monthly Totals listing (see "Monthly Total ..." in menu)
- Fixed : menu not closing when focus is elsewhere
- Changes in version 1.2.1
- Fixed bug : meter getting stuck after 2 GB in one session
- Changes in version 1.2
- Configurable month start day for those having billing cycle start day other than 1st of month
- Remembers last closed meter visibility on startup
- Fixed problems when connecting new networks
- Fixed bugs in excluding free time usage
- Changes in version 1.1
- Added option to set transparency of meter
- Option to select network interfaces to monitor
- Option to exclude usage during specified times (for those having free usage times)